Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life more abundantly.

Have you ever had a moment of inexpressible joy? I have. I had one today. It was one of those sneaking, unexpected moments of unexplainable happiness. I went out running today, preparing for Basic Training. I ran down a road to a lonely church in between fields. The sunlight was dancing, and the silence around me drove my soul to jump in a way I cannot explain. The Presence was real today. The Presence was actual. I felt Him, silently, quietly, but ever so presently. He conversed with me today. He ran alongside me, looking at the blue-jays and dandelions that He Himself created. He said, "I have come that they might have life, and have it abundantly." (John 10:10) I have not been living that abundant life, but today I had a glimpse, a glimmer of that life more abundantly. It thrives in a place of silence and resignation. It springs forth from the conversant soul, the one in communion with His Presence. It comes in unexpected glory, and if embraced, shakes us from who we are, to something much, much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment